DIG it! Volleyball Inc. is looking for interns and volunteers to help us continue to make a positive impact in our community!
DIG it! Volleyball Inc. is a 501(c)3 female empowerment organization that provides free after-school volleyball training and character development to at risk girls in St. Louis, MO. Over the last 5 years, DIG it! Volleyball Inc. has impacted over 150 young women in the St. Louis area and is for individuals who are interested in joining our team.
Public Relations Assistant (5-10hrs/week)
We are looking for a promising Public Relations (PR) Assistant to support our Director of Public Relations with various administrative tasks. Though you’ll be holding an entry level position, your work will be instrumental in the development and execution of PR plans and strategies.
Our ideal candidate will be a young and creative PR or communications undergraduate, brimming with potential.
The goal is to facilitate the smooth running of daily operations and success of PR efforts.
- Research and schedule guest speakers for DIG it! events
- Keep calendars (editorial, press conferences, events etc.) and media lists
- Participate in brainstorming and planning sessions
- Assist in organizing and execution of events, campaigns etc.
- Conduct research to support PR planning
- Draft and distribute content such as newsletters and releases in coordination with Graphic designer
- Edit videos and presentations as assigned by Videographer
- Support relations with sponsors, donors, media, DIG it! families and participants, volunteers, vendors etc.
- Assist in tracking media coverage or PR metrics (e.g. web analytics)
- Invent ways to streamline communication and plan execution
- Undertake general administrative and clerical duties
Director of Social media (10-12hrs/week)
We are looking for a talented Director of Social Media to administer our social media accounts. You will be responsible for creating original text and video content, managing posts and responding to followers. You will manage our company image in a cohesive way to achieve our promotional goals.
As a Social media manager, we expect you to be up-to-date with the latest digital technologies and social media trends. You should have excellent communication skills and be able to express our organizations views creatively.
Ultimately, you should be able to handle our social media presence ensuring high levels of web traffic and customer engagement.
- Perform research on current trends and audience preferences
- Design and implement social media strategy to align with organization's goals
- Set specific objectives and report on ROI
- Generate, edit, publish and share engaging content daily (e.g. original text, photos, videos and news)
- Monitor SEO and web traffic metrics
- Collaborate with Public Relations Manager, Graphic Designer, Videographer, Director of Fundraising, and Program Manager to ensure brand consistency
- Communicate with followers, respond to queries in a timely manner and monitor customer reviews
- Oversee social media accounts’ design (YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
- Suggest and implement new features to develop brand awareness, like promotions and competitions
- Stay up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools and applications
Graphic Designer (10-12hrs/week)
We are looking for a creative Graphic Designer with up-to-date knowledge to interpret our audience's needs and to design solutions with high visual impact. You will work on a variety of products, including websites, newsletters, flyers, donor packets, partnership packets,, corporate identity etc. and you will cooperate with our Director of Social Media, Public Relations Manager, Videographer, Director of Fundraising, and Program Manager.
The goal is to get our company's message to our audiences.
Conceive and implement concepts, guidelines and strategies in various creative projects and oversee them to completion
- Lead brainstorming/creative sessions to generate ideas with the Director of Social Media
- Write and design unique and well-crafted flyers, promotional materials that increase audience engagement
- Revise content and presentations, approve/reject ideas, provide feedback to the Public Relations Manager
Grant Writer (5-10hrs/week)
We are looking for a volunteer Grant Writer who will be primarily responsible for developing and writing grant proposals to foundations and other grant-making organizations, and will persuasively communicate DIG it! Volleyball's mission and programs to potential funders. Reporting to the Public Relations Manager and Director of Fundraising, the Grant Writer will assemble and submit grant requests, establish and maintain personal contact and relationships with foundation contacts, conduct prospect research, and maintain a calendar of submissions and other deadlines.
The successful candidate will be able to craft funding proposals in a clear and compelling manner. Excellent writing, analytical, and research skills are essential. Candidates must be self-motivated, detail oriented, and highly-organized, and have experience using online databases and other sources to locate biographical, financial, and philanthropic information. A high level of computer literacy required, including familiarity with Raisers Edge and Foundation Center databases. Candidates must possess an ability to work well under pressure and the ability to seek and synthesize information and communicate in a compelling and succinct form. A solid understanding of budgets as they relate to proposals and and grants.
- Develop and write grant proposals to government, foundations and other grant-making organizations
- Assemble and submit grant requests, including letters, proposals, budgets, and presentations
- Maintain calendar to ensure timely submission of letters of inquiry, proposal deadlines, and reports
- Prioritize projects to keep multiple projects moving in a timely manner, meet deadlines and manage multiple proposals
- Coordinate all grant submissions
- Collaborate with Director of Fundraising
Director of Fundraising (10-15hrs/week)
The Director of Fundraising is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all of DIG it! Volleyball's fundraising including, the major gifts program, annual fund, planned giving, special events and capital campaigns. The Director of Fundraising will work closely with The Executive Director of DIG it! Volleyball and the Board of Directors in all development and fund raising endeavors.
- Establish and maintain personal contact and relationships with foundation contacts, donors, and sponsors
- Oversee fundraising database, grant seeking including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements
- Coordinate fundraising special events
- Direct employee fundraising drives
- Assemble and submitting campaign requests, including letters, proposals, budgets, and presentations to Graphic Designer
- Ensure prompt acknowledgement of foundation gifts
- Maintain calendar to ensure timely submission of letters of inquiry, campaign deadlines, and reports
- Conduct prospect research
- Provide writing support for major donor and individual contribution letters and acknowledgements
Program Manager/volunteer coordinator (10hrs/weeek)
We are looking for an experienced Program Manager to organize and coordinate our DIG it! Volleyball programs. You will provide strategic guidance to coaches, teams, and Team Directors in ways that promote the company’s culture. You will also oversee the progress of practices, matches, and events.
The ideal candidate will be an excellent leader, and will have experience in managing staff of different disciplines to produce results in a timely manner. They will also have a background in volleyball and coaching.
The goal is to ensure that all programs, practices, and DIG it! events run smoothly and deliver the desirable outcome to our organization.
- Communicate with volunteers, coaches, bus drivers, league directors, Boys & Girls Club team directors on a weekly basis
- Formulate, organize and monitor DIG it! practices, events, and matches
- Decide on suitable strategies and objectives
- Lead and evaluate DIG it! coaches, volunteers, and Boys & Girls Club team directors
- Develop and control deadlines, and activities
- Assume responsibility for the program’s coaches and volunteers
- Assess program performance by visiting site locations
- Resolve scheduling issues
- Prepare reports for program directors
- Coordinate coaching schedules, bus schedules, event schedules, match schedules, etc.
Director of Compliance (10hrs/week)
We are looking for an experienced Director of Compliance to ensure DIG it! Volleyball adheres to legal standards and in-house policies and maintain the finances of our organization. The Director of Compliance is responsible for enforcing regulations in all aspects and levels of business as well as provide guidance on compliance matters. The Director of Compliance will ensure the Board of Directors, management and employees are in compliance with the rules and regulations of regulatory agencies, that company policies and procedures are being followed, and that behavior in the organization meets the DIG it! Volleyball's Standards of Conduct.
The goal is to preserve the company’s integrity by making sure it stays on a lawful and ethical course.
- Document all Board meetings and decisions
- Ensure accurate record keeping via internal and external audit
- Protect, preserve, invest, and manage charitable assets
- Act to protect state and federal tax exemption
- Ensure filings are completed to ensure transparency
- Follow governing documents
- File 990 informational return on time
- Manage all aspects of day to day bookkeeping and accounting processes including but not limited to: A/P, A/R, payroll, journal entries, and bank reconciliation in accordance to GAAP
- Prepare Journal Entries for prepaid expense, deferred revenue and payroll cash accounts
- Process and pay all invoices in a timely manner
- Receive and deposit all organizational revenue
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial reports, including standard financial reports, budget vs. actual reports and grant-specific financial reports.
- Manage time tracking process for employees with hours billable to grants, utilizing online time tracking tool, and extract data to make appropriate payroll entries for financial and grant reporting
- Coordinate with outside CPA and Auditors in preparation of year-end audit and IRS 990/State CT-12 filings
- Support Executive Director in development and analysis of annual organization budget